Sunday, October 7, 2007

Hacken joins Regina Ip’s campaign team




September 30, 2007


“She dares to take up responsibilities”

Hacken explained in an interview that he had reasons for supporting Regina Ip. Earlier on, he had received a phone call from Regina Lau, who asked him to join her campaign team. After considering for a short period of time, he agreed.

Hacken also considered his identity as an artiste when joining the campaign team. He hopes to bring good influence to people and also more votes for Mrs. Ip. He describes his role in the team as a supporting role in a movie. A few years ago, Hacken publicly revealed his support for Mrs. Ip but was labeled as “bootlicker” by Albert Cheng. Regarding the bad remarks, he says that it is not anything bad to reveal who you support.

In the Basic Law competition, Hacken did not participate in the games but performed. He says “I’m already 39, (just 2 months and 6 days till 40) well beyond the age for games. But I’m bold enough to stand up and tell everyone that I will support Mrs. Ip. I’m good friends with her but that is not my reason for supporting her. I feel that she dares to take up challenges and responsibilities. But personally, I have no interest towards politics.”

If fans vote because they support him, will it be unfair? Hacken says “I don’t know how to answer this question. I’m just a small role; you need to ask Mrs. Ip for the details.” Is he afraid that the campaign might affect him? “I’ve not thought of this. I only revealed my support for her. It’s like registering for a vote, it’s nothing bad.”

(Regina Ip & Albert Cheng are politicians from HK, I don’t know much about the HK political scene, haha)

[Sources: http://www.leehacken.com/news/2007/news_20070930.html,(Mingpao, Takung Pao)]
[translated by Hianez]

No comments: